NOTICE OF VACANT NEWPORT BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Newport Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing the district at-large for the Newport Independent School system. This appointment will be effective until the November 2023 general election.
- Setting policy to govern the District;
- Hiring/evaluating the Superintendent;
- Levying taxes and adopting the District budget.
Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications are available at the Newport Board of Education district office located at 30 W. 8th Street, Newport, KY or click here for printable application.
Completed applications can be mailed to: Tony Watts, Superintendent, ATTN: Board Vacancy, Newport Board of Education, 30 W. 8th Street, Newport, KY 41071
Or email at : email@example.com (Subj: Board Vacancy)
Applications must be received no later than Tuesday, December 27, 2022.