Dear Newport Families and Community:
There is nationwide concern regarding the outbreak of the coronavirus (CO-VID-19). Please know that we share these same concerns and are taking precautionary measures to protect students and staff the best we can.
All schools deal with outbreaks of illness on a regular basis, and even though the coronavirus is new, the same procedures we use during flu outbreaks can be of use during this time also.
Health officials encourage everyone to stay informed and to follow the best practice guidelines for staying healthy:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, and especially after going to the bathroom. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand-sanitizers.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Click HERE to read full Letter
Click HERE to read NASP Resource Letter