ANOTHER ROUND OF P-EBT CARDS
We are excited to announce that Kentucky has been approved by the USDA to provide Round 3
of P-EBT benefits to all eligible students to cover the period of October 2020 through May 2021.
- Benefits will be applied to existing cards
- Lost cards can be replaced by calling 855-979-9949 (can take up to 14 days)
- If you have moved recently, update your address by calling 855-306-8959
How are students identified?
- KDE will be providing CHFS the list of all eligible public school students monthly beginning in March. All students who are primarily enrolled in a CEP school as indicated in Infinite Campus, are eligible.
How much will eligible students receive?
- The daily benefit amount is $6.82.
- All students that are primarily enrolled in a school that is predominantly VIRTUAL will receive 20 days of benefits for the month.
- The first allotment of benefits will cover October through February.
- Benefits for March through June will then be issued retroactively on a monthly basis by the 25th calendar day of the following month.
- Example: A student at a school that has been predominantly virtual since October will receive $682 to cover the period of October through February (5 months, 20 days per month, at $6.82 per day). They will then receive $136.40 ($6.82 x 20 days) or $81.84 ($6.82 x 12 days) monthly for March through the end of the school year based on the predominant learning model at their school for each specific month.
How will students receive the benefit?
- All benefits will automatically be provided to the student’s previous P-EBT card for August and September unless they currently receive SNAP, where the benefit will then be added to their current SNAP benefit card instead.
- Families can simply request a replacement card if they no longer have the previous card.
- Newly enrolled students that did not receive the August and September benefit cards will be automatically mailed a new card.