Transportation Department - This Departments role is to provide safe, comfortable, reliable, and timely student transportation to school, home from school, and to extra-curricular events. It is our goal to provide a transportation environment in which students, staff, and parents feel secure. Our goal is to make that first contact a positive experience for both the student and the driver.
Question? Why doesn't the Transportation Office call me when the bus is delayed in the A.M. or P.M.? Is there a place I can call for information about a bus delay?
Answer School buses, like any form of mass transportation, are significantly affected by many uncontrollable factors. These factors may include a shortage of drivers due to sickness or other, (weather, season, road repair/closure, traffic) conditions, run coverage, etc. If the bus is late and the student rides it to school, he/she will not be counted tardy. The Transportation Division strives to keep all our buses running as close to the published time schedule as possible. We do ask that the students arrive at least 5 minutes early to the stop location. This ensures that we account for seasonal traffic conditions. We do notify schools as soon as we confirm late buses. If you feel the bus is running late, please contact the school for the latest information or contact the Transportation Department at 859-292-3005.
- All special needs students will be transported to all locations - If transportation is required in their IEP.
- Students from South Newport and the Waterworks Road area will be transported to the various schools.
- Transportation will be provided for special circumstances: homeless students, women's crisis center, other necessary social services.
- All pre-school students will be transported.
- Bus schedules can be picked up from the Welcome Center or from the Service Center, during regular business hours. to find out if your child qualifies, contact the Transportation Department.
For Facilities and Transportation related questions or issues, contact Kathi Baldwin 859-292-3005
Facilities Department - The primary mission in facilities is to provide the physical environment that enhances teaching and learning, thus ensuring that the best possible learning environment is provided for every student and staff member. Our department will do this through planning, designing, engineering, constructing, and maintaining in a responsive, customer service, effective, and safe manner.
The Facilities/Transportation Department services is committed to providing the best learning environment through teamwork and continuous improvement in all that we do.
Facilities/Transportation Manager 859-292-3005