Dress Code for the 2017-2018 School Year
Students are NOT permitted to wear the following items:
- No clothing that bares the shoulders, midriff, underarms, and/or frontal cleavage.
- No clothing that is torn or ripped.
- No clothing that is worn below the waist, and/or exposes any undergarments.
- No hats, hoods, or scarves worn on the head.
- No shorts, capri pants, skirts, or dresses.
- No shower slippers, sliders, sandals, or any shoe that does not strap around the back of the heel.
- No yoga pants, leggings, or jeggings.
- Nothing that expresses profanity or is drug and/or alcohol related.
Religious and Health Accommodations
Where a bona fide religious belief or health need of a student conflicts with the school dress code, reasonable accommodation shall be provided. Any student desiring accommodation shall notify the Newport High School principal in writing of the requested accommodation and the factual basis for the request. Approved coverings worn as part of a student's bona fide religious practices or beliefs shall not be prohibited under this policy.